ASME Certified Welder
Decatur (IL) Metro Area, IL
- 10+ years of Welding experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience welding in accordance to ASME codes and standards
- Experience with Back gauging
- On boarding requirements: passing a Welding and ASME certification test
- Welding pipe, fittings, support attachments, and miscellaneous pipe supports in accordance with all applicable codes, standards, drawings and specifications, as directed by project supervision. Employee may also be required to weld structural members and plate as job needs dictate.
- Assist as directed in fit-up and tacking of fabrication and field welds. To move, or assist in moving, all tools, consumables, welding lead, extension cords, purge hose, welding rods, rod caddies, fire blanket, wind breaks, pipe materials, etc. Necessary to perform his/her assigned duties to the worksite.
- To assist in the preparation of weld surfaces by grinding, polishing, buffing, chipping, etc.
- To clean and grind weld deposits during the welding process, as required, to meet or exceed quality control requirements.
- To assist craft foreman with weld location identification (welding logs) as directed.
- To perform assigned work in a safe, productive, and craftsmanlike manner. May be required to assist other crafts as directed by project supervision.
- To inspect welding machines and equipment prior to each use for fuel level, oil and coolant level, hoses, belts, etc., and to inform craft foremen of any needs or concerns relating to the welding equipment he/she is about to use.