Springfield (IL) Metro Area, IL 62701
STL is seeking a CNC Machinist to set up and operate CNC Machining Centers, Manual Mills, or Manual Lathes in order to produce precision parts in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position and fasten workpieces.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machine.
- Select the appropriate tools and materials to be used in the preparation of machinery work.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as CNC Mills, CNC Lathes, and Grinders.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers, depth micrometers, inside diameter gauges, and outside diameter gauges.
- Read and understand gauging sheets.
- Read and interpret blueprints to ensure parts are being made according to specifications.
- Listen to machine and tooling to ensure machine and tooling are running properly.
- Operate hoist in order to load parts onto the machining center, lathe, or mill.
- Takes job down efficiently (Tooling, cleaning fixtures, putting gauges back, etc).
- Requires ability to read G-Codes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to hold tight machining tolerances
- Knowledge and experience using micrometers, depth micrometers, inside diameter gauge, and outside diameter gauge.
- Understand various tooling technology.
- Basic Math Skills
- Geometric Tolerance Skills
- Troubleshooting Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Active Listening Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operation Monitoring Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Possess general knowledge of tooling speeds and feed rates.
- Basic English Language Skills
- 3+ Years CNC experience preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to listen to machine and tooling to ensure the machine and tooling are operating properly.
- The employee is required to use both hands to secure large parts to fixtures.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to inspect parts and read various measuring instruments.
- The employee must be able to lift, push, or pull 50 pounds during set-ups.
- The employee must be able to bend and kneel to check parts.