IBM iSeries Administrator
Decatur (IL) Metro Area, IL
- IBM iSeries administration including
- LPAR maintenance
- Patching & upgrades in Power, VIOS, & HMC
- Maintains ERP system s Disaster Recovery synchronization, & backups
- HMC console management
- Client access, deployment, support, and user security administration
- Administration of RPG and CL Programming
- Remote printer setup/management/troubleshooting
- Support for major business applications to include:
- Oracle, JD Edwards ERP - User security, data archiving, & configuration
- Q Software
- DSI (Inventory Control)
- Other 3rd party business and administrative applications
- Configure, monitor, and maintain the IBM, & JD Edwards job scheduler
- Manage interfaces between Local/Cloud applications and the iSeries
- Resolves ERP System s problems ensuring maximum system uptime and provides solutions to complex questions related to these systems.
- Manage ERP system change management and SOX compliance processes.
- Monitors the system performance & work with appropriate Team/Vendor to troubleshoot/resolve issues.
- Train users, as needed, in the use of business software and hardware.
- Strong knowledge of IBM iSeries hardware, LPAR s, and operating systems
- Power (DB2 Database)
- Maintain the IBM, & JD Edwards job scheduler
- Ability to analyze, and troubleshoot technical computer related problems. Then, understand, follow, and convey complex information and written instructions to others in various situations.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Manage Vendor support & Contractors as required to accomplish Day to Day Operations and Special Projects
- Manufacturing industry I.T. Experience is a plus
- Oracle JD Edwards CNC experience is a plus
- Bachelors degree or 5+ years equivalent I.T. Experience in IBM iSeries support
- 5+ years experience, networking, technical support and systems administration
- Must be willing to travel to various plant locations.