Springfield (IL) Metro Area, IL 62056
Maintenance Technician Opening!
***This position is from 7: 00 pm - 3: 30 am***
Responsibilities for Maintenance Technician:
- Performs electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic trouble shooting, repair and general preventative maintenance procedures on all production, warehouse, facility and plant equipment.
- Using multi-meters, amp meters and ohm-meters, troubleshoot AC/DC/VFD/servo motors, motor controllers, PLC s and rewire/ identify/replace failed components to include: motors, drives, drive boards, I/O boards, switches, transformers, contractors, relays and fuses.
- Programs PLC s and VFD motors as required.
- Repairs, replaces defective parts maintaining MRO inventory as required. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Rebuilds and repairs all equipment that is in need of repair.
- Sets up and operates lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking machines to manufacture and repair parts as needed.
- Implements a preventative maintenance program for all production in support of the training process.
- Contributes to product/quality/process improvement efforts.
- Performs other responsibilities, projects as assigned.
Job Requirements for Maintenance Technician:
- High School Degree / Equivalent required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, write routine reports/correspondence and communicate concisely.
- Possess a strong electro-mechanical aptitude, with strong understanding of electricity.
- Ability to use basic machine shop equipment, hand tools, forklift, and material handling equipment
- Ability to read and understand schematics in order to troubleshoot complex equipment problems
- Ability to lead, train others effectively in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting equipment
- Hours: 7 pm to 3: 30 am with OT occasionally