Springfield (IL) Metro Area, IL 62704
The Quality Inspector is responsible to perform routine quality checks, tests, gauging, and instrument inspections of parts, parts in process, and finished parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtains necessary fixtures, gauges, indicators, and any other required measuring instrument to check machine parts for compliance with specifications, within prescribed tolerances.
- Follow and complete the inspection check sheet during the inspection process.
- Inspect Set-ups and mid-run parts on DEA CMM, Zeiss CMM, FARO AACMM or gauges as control plan describes.
- Schedule inspections according to inspection requests.
- Design inspection programs for each machining operation to follow control plans and ensure complete verification of customer requirements.
- Perform efficient inspections using Zeiss, Faro Arms, DEA, micrometers, calipers, gauges, and profilometers.
- Perform efficient mid-run inspections on pre-determined intervals.
- Write upcoming program inspections offline as possible.
- Make necessary program modifications to ensure programs are up to date.
- Keep accurate records of inspections performed.
- Perform gauge calibrations and certifications as needed.
- CMM programming and operation
- Use of Faroh arms
- Analytical capabilities to interpret detailed and complex drawings.
- Computer savvy; any programming ability is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience using OD/ID micrometers, calipers, and profilometer.
- Strong Math Skills
- Geometric Tolerance Interpretation Skills
- Self-starter can work with low supervision.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Blueprint reading skills.
- Basic English Language Skills.
- High school or technical school education, or equivalent, with mathematics emphasis.
- The employee is required to use both hands to secure large parts.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to Jaegar1 requirement and color perception requirements and the ability to read various measuring instruments.
- Dexterity and preciseness required to operate gauges and other testing equipment.
- The employee must be able to bend and kneel to check parts.
- The employee must be able to lift, push, or pull 50 pounds.