Champaign-Urbana Metro Area, IL 61820
Job Summary: Prepare items manufactured in plant for delivery to customers using local transport, over the road shipping companies, and overseas shipping companies.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to work in a drug-free work place and to pass a drug screen
- Ability to read and write in English
- Minimum one year experience in shipping
- Convey cargo by hand truck
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
- Measure, weigh, or count products or materials
- Obtain information from individuals
- Package goods for shipment or storage
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as handtruck, conveyor, or sorting bins. Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Lifting Up to 70lbs alone and over 100 lbs with assistance.
- Forearms Assembling boxes, manipulating tape.
- Handiwork Use of a wide range of hand tools all requiring gripping and controlling motions that are often repetitious.
- Climbing Ladder work to reach storage and retrieve supplies
- Push/Pull Moving items to be shipped onto shipping tables for preparation.
- Standing For long periods of time to pull and package shipments