Systems Engineer I
Bloomington - Normal Metro Area, IL 61705
Implements computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems; designing and testing standards and solutions.
- Identify issues: must have the ability to speak to end users and translate the issue presented to underlying causes.
- Gathering details of affected users/systems
- Know the right questions to ask
- Troubleshoot issues: removing components as a potential factor, making a change and testing the solution, and/or vendor specific research
- Resolve issues: implement the resolution with minimal impact to the customer (determining how involved customer wants to/can be in the process).
- Support and troubleshoot customer issues: requests, requirements and outages. Issues can be in the form of phone calls, e-mail generated Tickets, or system alerts.
- Documentation of customer issues and the issue resolution using our company s ticketing software.
- Office 365 management: creating distribution lists, creating & managing mailboxes, spam filtering, and user maintenance.
- Active Directory: adding, changing, and removing users. Access provisioning (granting user' s access to needed systems).
- Forti mail maintenance: adding to user' s block/safe list, resetting admin passwords, and managing user' s quarantine.
- VDI support: refreshing/recomposing desktop sessions and assigning new user' s desktops.
- Creating new user accounts across any needed platform (AD/O365/FortiGate).
- General firewall maintenance: setting up VPN access for end users.
- Communicate with vendors of proprietary applications that are used by our company s customers to resolve end user issues.
- Remote desktop support: being familiar with the tools needed to connect with many different systems.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with distributed networking concepts.
- Experience using computer aided software engineering tools and applications.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Deep knowledge of hardware and software applications.
- Proven track record developing and supporting effective business systems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Strong technical writing skills for documentation.
- Office 365
- Remote Monitoring and Management Software: ConnectWise
- Ticketing Software: ConnectWise
- IT Documentation Software: IT Glue