Systems Engineer III
Bloomington - Normal Metro Area, IL 61705
Implements computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems; designing and testing standards and solutions.
- Identify issues: must have the ability to speak to end users and translate the issue presented to underlying causes.
- Gathering details of affected users/systems
- Know the right questions to ask
- Troubleshoot issues: removing components as a potential factor, making a change and testing the solution, and/or vendor specific research
- Resolve issues: implement the resolution with minimal impact to the customer (determining how involved customer wants to/can be in the process).
- Security: Configuration of firewall rules, AV filters, VPN Tunnels, access policies, risk analysis, and vulnerability reports.
- Wireless: WAP configuration, provisioning, wireless analysis, SSID creation, and debugging.
- VDI Support: refresh/recompose workstations, assigning resources, and platform issue resolution.
- User Management/AD: Adjusting user accounts in AD, Office 365, and FortiGate. Implementing GPO and setting up user email and access.
- Servers: Setup and config, drive clean up, application installation, application troubleshooting, and debugging of server issues.
- End user support: providing remote support to end users that are encountering issues. Using personal skills to troubleshoot issues with unique clients. Setting customer expectations and creating remediation plans for client issues.
- Office 365: Support and management of Office 365 by the web portal and Power Shell.
- Applications: Support multiple complex applications using documented practices. Documentation of application fixes and settings.
- Networking: Switch management to design and implement network infrastructure.
- Centralized Management: Using RMM tools to automate customer scripting and patching. Responding to alerts on systems identified by RMM to provide proactive vs reactive support.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with distributed networking concepts.
- Experience using computer aided software engineering tools and applications.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Deep knowledge of hardware and software applications.
- Proven track record developing and supporting effective business systems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Strong technical writing skills for documentation.
Remote Monitoring and Management Software: ConnectWise
Ticketing Software: ConnectWise
IT Documentation Software: IT Glue