Springfield (IL) Metro Area, IL 62701
Fabricate or repair parts, fixtures, gauges, and masters for production, facility maintenance, and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair customer parts using various welding techniques (tig, mig, and oxy acetylene welding).
- TIG, blend, grind, and polish a variety of work pieces to ensure parts meet customer specifications.
- Plan details of working procedures, tools and material requirements.
- Weld and fabricate masters.
- Provide support to the 5S department by building platforms, machine guards, shelving, or bracing.
- Make repairs for the maintenance department.
- Position and fasten work pieces.
- Work from sketches, verbal, and interpret print information in order to produce projects according to specifications.
- Operate hoist in order to load parts or work pieces.
- Cut tubing, flat stock, bar stock, or round stock material.
- Actively participate in the 5S program, which is to Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain in order to maintain a highly productive work environment.
- Assist with keeping the department and equipment clean
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to tig, mig, oxy acetylene, and finish weld.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Possess a good understanding of basic measuring tools; tape measure and caliper.
- Basic Math Skills
- Active Listening Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Basic English Language Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Post-Secondary welding program
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Certificate (T.I.G.)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding Certificate (M.I.G.)
- 3-4 years of welding experience
- Basic Math
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to listen to equipment to ensure equipment is operating properly.
- The employee is required to use both hands to secure large and small parts or material.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to inspect parts and read various measuring instruments.
- The employee must be able to lift, pull, or push up to 50 pounds during set-ups.
- The employee will be on their feet for 10 hours per day.
- Once settled into position to weld, welder may remain in certain positions for long periods of time.